TORONTO, ONTARIO – July 29, 2016 – Visual SKUs Inc., a leading provider of product photography workflow and Digital Asset Management (DAM) solutions, announces the latest release of its DAM software, designed for businesses who produce, manage, and distribute digital assets.
This software release adds key functionality for sharing and distributing digital assets. These new features offer the following benefits to Visual SKUs DAM users:
1. Expanded reach of and accessibility to digital assets: In this release users can generate links to asset groups. These links can be emailed to anyone inside or outside of the organization providing recipients direct access to the assets without the need for a system account, username, or password. This feature allows businesses to share their digital assets more widely and provide departments (i.e. sales, marketing, support) and customers quick and easy access to digital assets.
2. Leverage cloud infrastructure when providing access to digital assets: This new software release allows users to generate permanent links to assets that have been formatted according to internal system or customer specifications. Now, instead of sending the actual formatted digital asset files, users can simply send the URLs to these assets. This allows Visual SKUs customers to leverage their already-established cloud infrastructure and to provide flexible options to internal systems and customers when accessing or linking to formatted digital assets.
3. Flexible options for protecting digital assets: The functionality of adding watermarks to digital assets has been enhanced in the latest version of the software. Watermarks can now be anchored anywhere on the asset – center, top, bottom, left, or right – instead of watermarks having to match the size and resolution of the asset. This provides Visual SKUs customers flexibility when applying protection to their digital assets.
4. Increased visibility into digital asset distribution: The software logs all activity when digital assets and associated data are sent to internal systems and customers. These log files can be downloaded from the system and analyzed.
5. Insight into digital asset metadata: New functionality has been added to the software allowing for the customization of metadata that is exported from the system. Users simply select the metadata they want to export from the system, the assets they want the metadata for, and then select export.