TORONTO, ONTARIO – April 2, 2015 – Visual SKUs, a provider of product photography services and Digital Asset Management (DAM) solutions, announces that, with Visual SKUs’ full suite of software, Brake Parts Inc. (BPI) is now able to produce high-volume product images, manage and share them internally, and distribute them to customers automatically.
After their parent company was sold in 2014, BPI was informed that in 6 months their current catalog department access and support would be discontinued. Paul Gurns, Manager, Global Catalog and Master Data at BPI, stated, “We were faced with a huge challenge, in a short 6-month timeframe we had to be completely self-sufficient with respect to digital assets. We needed a system that would allow us to produce product images fast and a system to store and manage all our digital assets centrally. We also needed a way to satisfy the frequent requests we were getting from our customers for up-to-date product images.”
After evaluating several solution providers, BPI selected Visual SKUs for the following reasons:
1. Visual SKUs offered a complete, integrated solution – an Image Production Management system for product image acquisition and quality assurance, and a DAM system for managing and distributing digital assets. The two systems integrate with each other allowing product images to flow from the production system into the DAM system ready for distribution to customers.
2. The solutions could be deployed immediately, without the need for lengthy and costly customization.
3. The image production system was designed for high-volume production and would allow BPI to produce product images quickly.
4. The image production system included 360 product image production workflows. BPI was committed to the production of 360 images believing they would help their products stand out from the competition, provide a better buying experience, and reduce product returns.
5. The DAM system would enable BPI to create detailed customer profiles defining products, image specifications, and preferred delivery methods. With these profiles setup, the system would format images according to the customer’s unique requirements prior to sending. BPI would be able to automate the entire image delivery process.
6. The system only stores master image files eliminating the complexities and costs associated with storing and managing duplicate image files for each customer.
Paul Gurns commented, “Visual SKUs’ solutions met all our requirements. Their DAM system allowed us to quickly gather as many assets as we could and centralize them. We were able to save significant time sending up-to-date images to our customers with the DAM automated distribution functionality. And our internal photography studio was able to get up-and-running quickly with their image production system. We could not be happier with Visual SKUs and our decision to partner with them.”
In the next phase of deployment, BPI will be expanding access to both the Image Production and Digital Asset Management system to geographical divisions within the company.
About Brake Parts Inc.
Brake Parts Inc is a global manufacturer of automotive aftermarket braking components. Their Raybestos® brand of products delivers high-quality materials and construction, maximum service life and unsurpassed matching of original equipment form, fit and function. They are passionately driven to deliver excellence through teamwork, adaptability and accountability for their customers, suppliers, people and products.